Friday, January 1, 2010

Caramels Rock!! Rock Hard, That Is.


This is why none of you got delicious caramels from us this year. Because I suck at making caramels. They tasted great, but I didn't want you/us to spend the whole next year at the dentist's office (I'm dental phobic!)

It ticks me off, because I spent a while breaking the nuts, stirring constantly until it reached 250 degrees - just like the recipe says to. As I recall, last year's caramels turned out about the same. What am I doing wrong? I'm open to any hints anyone might have for me for next time. I will not give up until they're edible! HELP!

3 comments:

Carlos said...

Look on the bright side--you are making Sugar Daddy suckers.

Margaret said...

I have never ever ever made them or divinity or fudge cake. I am worthless on the topic!!

and really....dentists are very nice people.....

lilivand said...

I have never had any luck with caramels. At least you were able to get them out of the pan instead of throwing the pan out with the caramels.