Sunday, June 3, 2007

Whippet Pix


Just starting my blog, and I'm so excited! Here is a pic of my Whippet. His name is Chase aka Chaser aka Chase-a-Boo-Boo, among others. Pic 1- That's a tennis ball he has in his mouth; Pic 2 - He loves ice cream! Whippets are an awesome family dog, but not if you're gone from the home a lot because they really are more people-ish than doggish. At home, Whippets are couch potatoes, but at the dog park, they can run like crazy -- some of them up to 35 mph. NEVER let them out of the yard because it's unlikely you will ever catch them or get them to come back! I would urge anyone who is contemplating getting a Whippet to do a lot of research on the breed.




3 comments:

Mindy said...

welcome to blogland leslie.
i love the pink. would not expect any other color. and it seems like you know what you are doing. you go girl!!!

Carlos said...

Leslie,
That dog is much too thin. More ice cream please. You are gonna love your link to our family blog. I warn you, the Carter family is a bit, ok--a lot, shall we say "strange" in the humor department.

Shayla Taylor said...

I like ice cream too! I am so glad you are blogging; it is a fun way to keep in touch.